Saturday, March 8, 2014

Number 57: Up near the atmosphere, up where the air is clear!


If there's one thing my life has been sorely lacking lately, it is a good old fashioned FESTIVAL.
 
So when my church decided to have a booth at the Soaring for Social Justice Kite Festival, I jumped to attend!  In addition to all the incredible kites, there were vendors selling jewelry and beautiful ethnic clothing, hoola hooping and lots of other kids' activities, and a huge building filled with information booths about local community organizations.  

I had the BEST time!

My 2nd favorite thing was visiting the booths and learning about new organizations to get involved with.  I found a vegan group, got my name written in Arabic, picked up a bunch of fliers about emergency preparedness, and got directions to the Hindu temple!  And every table was very, very generous with candy.  It was like trick-or-treating for grownups!

My 1st favorite thing was running into BFF Jessica and her family!  It was the perfect day for kite flying and catching up with each other. 

All in all, it was a day of WIN.

If there are any kite festivals in your area, I highly recommend checking them out!  Or any kind of festival, really.  Are any of you festival-goers on the reg?  What have been some of your favorites?   

No comments:

Post a Comment